I was looking for a small and efficient tool to make screenshots and organize them automatically. Among the multitude of existing programs, I did not find the one I wanted: effective, small and (casually) powerful. So, I did it myself: Micacci@ScreenshotOrganiser. And I put it free of charge to interested users.
The program remains in the taskbar waiting to be activated by the "Pause" key or the key combination "Alt + Pause". Optimized to the maximum, it is so small (330 kb) that it holds largely on any USB stick (or even in a corner of floppy disk for those who still use this digital medium). So, this program does not need to be installed. In addition, it knows how to manage multi-screen environments.
Micacci@ScreenshotOrganiser is very easy to use. In addition, the multitude of available options allows you to make the settings at your convenience. This tool is useful, for example, when you want to quickly make screenshots and save them automatically to files (for example: surfing the Internet, managing bank accounts, etc.): just press the PAUSE key, which was rarely used before. Thus the "PrintScreen" key remains available for the classic capture of Microsoft Windows (screenshot in the clipboard).
Here is the description of the main features:
- Language: You can choose USA (English language), FRA (French language) or AUTO (defined by the system).
- Number of screen to capture: This option is useful for users who have multiple screens. You can choose "ALL" if you want to capture all the screens at once, as shown in the following figure.
- The small blue icon makes it possible to briefly display a number on each screen, in order to identify it.
- Hide this form when capturing: If enabled, this option makes it possible not to make the program sheet (or the monitoring view) appear on the capture
- Send capture to clipboard: useful for pasting the image to another program (MSWord, MSPaint, etc.)
- Save to file: you have the option, too, to choose the output format (BMP, JPG, GZ, PNG)
- Start at system startup: to start the program automatically, each time the system is restarted.
- Generate a sound when capturing: The software generates a sound immediately after each capture; It has several sounds to identify possible errors (no more space on the disk, etc.)
- Monochrome control view: This option allows you to quickly distinguish the control view when multiple views clutter the screens.
- Colors: You can select the color level of the screenshots (1, 4, 8, 16, 24, 32 bits or Auto)
- In this part, you can choose the type of the output file, if you want to record the captures.
- The left icon is used to select the destination directory. The icon on the right allows direct access to this directory, with the Windows Explorer.
- Incremental naming: You choose the name of the file and the software will add the number automatically.
- Automatic Timestamp: The software names files based on the date and time of capture.
- Continuous Repetition (BURST mode): This option allows you to capture repeatedly, automatically.
- This function can be useful for capturing images from videos. We used it to automatically capture Internet TV videos during the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- It turns itself off in case of error (lack of space on the destination disk, for example).
The following image shows the number of the screen, for a short time then automatically disappears ...
... And this image shows the number of each screen: screenshot of all screens, made with the software Micacci@ScreenshotOrganiser itself (we are never so well served as by ourselves):
(click on the image to enlarge it)
Here is the icon that remains in the "systray" near the clock. The color is green when the program is waiting. It is red when a capture is in progress. This lets you know when the program is busy.
From this icon, you can directly access the main functions (right click on the icon).
The following views show the benefit of the "Hide this form when capturing" function.
Indeed, in this capture, the option is deactivated: the capture contains the two sheets "MONITORING" and "OPTIONS" of the program Micacci@ScreenshotOrganiser.
In the following capture, the option is activated: the two windows of the program (the "OPTIONS" form and the "MONITORING" form) do not appear on the capture.
Micacci@ScreenshotOrganiser is a small software to take screenshots and organize them automatically, efficiently and quickly.
This tool consists of a single file, so small that it can be copied to any USB stick. It has been designed to meet my needs and I hope it will also answer yours.
It's a freeware. And when it's free, it's even better ... Isn'it?
As usual, feel free to post comments, make suggestions or report bugs. There is probably not since the software has been extensively tested ... but who knows :-)
MD5 : E2616C1A1FAEEE440C233F9735B8A7CD
MD5 Tools :